Why choose OC Tenders
OCTenders is a family owned New Zealand business and operated by Russell and Karin Carlyon.
Several years ago these keen sailors realized none of the tenders available in the market provided all of the key aspects they felt were important for a good tender.
Russell’s background as a competitive windsurfer and high performance board builder provided them with the confidence to utilize high tech materials to build a complex light weight structure. They take great pride in their products and here are just a few of the reasons why.
- Hard built means safety at sea.
- No punctures, no unglued seams.
- A wide platform to work from, offering stability and volume.
- The sharp plumb bow and high topsides provides a dry, smooth ride.
- The flat wide deck is comfortable and provides easier boarding from docks and from the water.
- The smooth rocker and sharp water release edges promote early planing and precise trimming with minimal hp engines. In general the outboard required will be a size smaller than that required for an equivalent sized RIB.
- Built with the best composite materials and a foam fender rub rail, OC Tenders are some of the lightest tenders in the market place today, without compromising durability.
- Total flotation in the foam sandwich construction itself and total flotation in the closed cell foam rub rail.
- Our tenders are simple to maintain and easy to repair if need be with common materials you already have onboard.
OC Tenders offers a safe, stable, dry ride with a huge internal volume for all your needs. Whether transporting people, fuel, supplies or simply heading out for a bit of fun, these tenders will meet your needs comfortably and for a long time. They are also beautiful boats to look at!
- Dry, Light, Stable and Safe
- Full foam fender rubrail
- Easy to repair and totally unsinkable
- Easy to carry/transport
- Easier water re-boarding
- High performance with small engines
- Modern unique look
- Super comfortable side decks
- Reliable oarlock system
- Huge interior volume
- Hull and decks are carbon reinforced fiber glass (or full carbon if chosen) with 10mm PVC foam sandwich composite
- Reinforced hull in high abrasion areas
- 30mm thick pvc foam sandwich transom with Carbon reinforcement
- Full ultralight closed cell foam rub rail with WeatherMax cover
- Composite through hull towing and lifting eyes
- Huge drain plug
- Simple rebated handles
- Entirely New Zealand made
- Built by cruisers for cruisers